More About Folklore
Due to the low levels of efficacy that have historically been available through clinical therapies, several people have turned to folklore remedies in an effort to resolve their warts. Options include: The use of duct tape, hypnosis, garlic extracts, marigold therapy, dandelion milk, banana peels and others.
How does this treatment work?
All methods and theory of application vary by treatment. Some agents have been shown to have antiviral properties while others are suspected to work through irritation and the subsequent stimulation of the immune system.
How effective is this treatment?
Not very, however some may be equally as ineffective as other more clinical modalities such as cryotherapy and salicylic acid.
What can patients expect when receiving this treatment?
Typical Treatment Protocol:
- Varies widely by treatment
- Typically involves keeping a specific agent on the wart for a period of time
- Typically limited during and following treatment
- Adherence to a consistent protocol is common
- Daily home care typically required
- Dependent on the therapy selected – Consult with a clinician prior to treatment.
Where can I receive this treatment?
Folklore therapies are almost all delivered in the home and are self administered.